Holidays in Ruhpolding
Ruhpolding is a picturesque and lively village in a wide, silent valley in the centre of the Bavarian Alps.
Specials and service providers
Ruhpolding is a picturesque and lively village in a wide, silent valley in the centre of the Bavarian Alps. In winter the magnificent ski runs and varied cross-country routes tempt winter sports enthusiasts. In spring romantic walks give opportunities to experience the first signs of new life. With the coming of the summer sun the surrounding natural lakes are especially inviting. Autumn is the ideal season for hiking through colourful forests, refreshing both mind and body. The facilities and the sheer outstanding natural beauty of the area will meet the needs of the most discerning.
Location / Getting there:
The international airports of Munich (140 km) and Salzburg (35 km) serve our area. Ruhpolding has its own railway station which is only 10 kilometres away from the IC/EC-Munich-Salzburg connection. From the A8 Munich-Salzburg motorway it is only 8 kilometres to Ruhpolding.
Places of interest:
* Vita Alpina Indoor Adventure Pool
* Ruhpolding Amusement Park
* Chair lift on the Unternberg and cabin lift up to the Rauschberg with a great view
* Cycling & Mountain Biking paths in the valley or up on the top of the Alps
* 240 km of hiking, hillside walks and mountain paths, as well as the Nordic Walking Path through the valley
* Golf Course (18 hole golf link)
* Woodcutters & Heritage Museums
* Archery, to learn the right way to handle a bow and arrow
* Mini Golf course & table tennis
* Horseback Riding at the Brendlberg Stud Farm
* Tennis Park with 11 outdoor and 4 indoor courts
* Biathlon-Center “Chiemgau-Arena” where the world cups in biathlon and nordic combination take part every year
* Cross-Country Paradise, a beautiful trail network of 60 km
* Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding
In the surrounding area you may discover many interesting sights: a trip to Lake Chiemsee (20 km) with a visit of Schloss Herrenchiemsee, a visit to the salt mine and the Kehlstein House in Berchtesgaden (35 km), an excursion to the Lake Königsee (35 km) with a visit to St. Bartholomä. You should not miss a visit to the City of Salzburg (40 km) – Mozart’s birthplace or to the state capital of Munich (110 km) with its world-famous Octoberfest.