Copyright © 2015 by BAYERN TOURISMUS Marketing GmbH, all rights reserved - by SalesGuide24-Gruppenreisen.
Specials and service providers
The area offers something for everybody with its combination of unrivalled natural beauty,as well as its vast array of cultural attractions.In the north lie the gentle swells of the Rupertiwinkl hills and the high peaks of the Bavarian Alps tower in the south.Hikers and active vacationers will not only be impressed with the numerous sport possibilities,but also with the sites this area has to offer,be it the legendary Watzmann Mountain, world-renowned Lake Königssee in the Berchtesgaden National Park or the famoust Eagle`s Nest (Kehlsteinhaus).
Highway from Munich or Innsbruck,exit at Bad Reichenhall;highway from Salzburg and Vienna,exit at Grödig/Berchtesgaden (driving on the Austrian Autobahn requires the purchase of a toll sticker).
Another pleasant way to reach our area is by taking the German Alpine Road Alpenstrasse (B 305).
By Rail:From anywhere in Germany, Austria or beyond,there are frequent rail connections.
By Air:Airports are located at Salzburg (15 - 30 km) and at Munich (175 - 200 km).
Places of Interest:
- Eagles Nest (6,017 ft): A historic viewpoint high above Berchtesgaden area.
- Salt Mines: A tour through the Salt Mines with a special train and dressed in miners` attire.....
- Lake Königssee: Surrounded by towering rock cliffs, the lake – emerald green an silent – is set in one of the most impressive landscape in Germany.
- Salt Works and Salt Museum in Bad Reichenhall: Built in 1834 the Old Salt Works ranks as a major European historical industrial monument.
- Obersalzberg-Documentation Center and Underground Bunkers: The museum documents the history of the Obersalzberg mountain in connection with the Nazi Party.
- Royal Palace Palace: Summer residence of the Wittelsbach familiy.
- Predigstuhl Cable Car: Take a ride in the oldest, large cabin cable car in the world still in its original condition to the Predigstuhl Mountain – 5,200ft.
- Rossfeld Panoramic Ring Road: Germany`s highest panoramic toll road up to an elevation of 5,600 ft.
- Gentian Schnapps Distillery - Enzianbrennerei Grassl the oldest distillery in Germany.
- Watzmann Therme in Berchtesgaden: Swimming and Spa Complex
- RupertusTherme in Bad Reichenhall: Spa and Fitness Complex
Historic town tour of Berchtesgaden or Bad Reichenhall with its cure-takers’ park approx. 90 Min.
The attractions and beauty of the Berchtesgadener-Land approx. 9:00 – 16:00
- City Salzburg/Austria (20 km)– Birthplace of W.A. Mozart for a half day trip
- Lake Chiemsee (40 km) – Castle Herrenchiemsee König Ludwig II for a day trip
- Ruhpolding (35 km) – Biathlon-Center for a half day trip
- Munich (150 km) for a day trip